Sunday, August 9, 2015

Say Their Name: Roll Call of #BLACKLIVESLOSTthatwentviral

Say Their Name. They are no longer here alive among us. 
I cannot invite them over for dinner. I will not see them in the grocery store. They will not attend any more birthday parties. 
Their mothers will never hold them again. Say their name. 


"My baby boy..."
February 26, 2012 Trayvon Martin, born in Miami, Gardens, Florida, died in Sandford, FLA at age 17 #JUSTICEFORTRAYVON #IAMTRAYVON


"My dad..." 
July 17, 2014 Eric Gardner, Staten Island New York, died at age 43 #ICANTBREATHE












"My future college student..."
August 9, 2014 Mike Brown, Ferguson, Moussuri, died at age 18 #HANDSUPDONTSHOOT #IFTHEYGUNNEDMEDOWN


"My little brother..."
November 22, 2014 Tamir Rice, Cleveland, Ohio died at age 12 #TAMIRRICE



"My father whom I love..."
April 4, 2015 Walter Scott, native of New Jersey, died in North Charleston, South Carolina at the age of 50.


"My step son..."
April 19, 2015 Freddie Gray,  Baltimore,  Maryland, died at the age of  25. #JUSTICEFORFREDDIEGRAY























"Me..."
July 13, 2015 Sandra Bland, Naperville, Illinois, died in Waller County, Texas at the age of 28   #JUSTICE4SANDY #IFIDIEINPOLICECUSTODY #SAYHERNAME

















Lord, may they rest in PARADISE because Peace will not come any day soon. The media is still trying to vilify their existence
even after their death. 

Say their name. You may not know them. I do not know them, but they were born to this world just like I. Truth is, in spirit, we are all just the same.  #SAYTHEIRNAME




No comments:

Post a Comment